Dear Parent/Guardian: This Oregon Confidential Household Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals is used to determine household eligibility using federal USDA income guidelines; Qualifying Oregon Schools will also use the Oregon Expanded Income Guidelines (EIG) to determine eligibility for Oregon’s School Nutrition Initiatives. Separate applications are not required. Schools will notify households of application results directly.
Children need healthy meals to learn. If your school participates in the National School Lunch Program, your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. This packet includes an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Listed are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.
WHO CAN GET FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS?
• All children in households receiving benefits from Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, TANF or FDPIR, are eligible for free meals. See the following page for the definition of a household.
• Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
• Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
• Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
• Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits